Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding Shower - Henna Cupcakes, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, and Mini Rose Cupcakes

My sister's friend's mom reached out to me to do the desserts for her niece's wedding shower. Since her niece majored in religion and world studies in college, she wanted something unique that had a bohemian feel. I decided to do a henna design while incorporating things like flowers, doves, hearts, and rings into the pattern since it was a wedding shower.





Before packing the cupcakes up, I gave them a quick spray of edible gold tinting which added some shine.


 Also on the order were 50 chocolate dipped strawberries..



  And 150 mini cupcakes...


I decorated some with rose icing designs and topped the others with gum paste hearts.


I really enjoyed putting together this order. I loved using all of the different colors and piping the henna designs. An added bonus - This was an actual paid job!

This brings me to my other piece of news-
I've always loved making sweets for people and really enjoy the entire process from thinking of new ideas, to shopping for products, to baking, and finally to assembling everything. Seriously, making pretty and tasty treats that others can enjoy is one of my favorite things to do.  Enough of my love confessions and strait to the point - I launched a new blog where I hope to detail any future large scale baking projects under the name Small Batch. I have a good amount of baking projects lined up this year for friends, family, and even some paying clients so I thought I might as well go all in (and face first..) and create a blog site detailing them. Feel free to visit if you are interested!
Small Batch

2 comments:

  1. Tori those henna cupcakes are amazing! So beautiful and professional-looking...you're awesome! Miss you. And your baking ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! I miss you too. It looks like yall are having soo much fun in Portland though!

    ReplyDelete