Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sea Shell Cupcakes

So I have been trying to think of creative, yet easy to make lots of, beach themed cupcakes for Ashley's wedding. Sea shells were a must and I decided chocolate molds would be both elegant and easy. I remembered making chocolate molds of hearts when I was 6 at a friends birthday but that pretty much summed up my chocolate experience so I was a little hesitant at first. However, I found it was super easy and turned out pretty cute.


First things first - melt white chocolate and milk chocolate in the microwave. Set microwave for 30 seconds, then stir, and repeat until smooth consistency.



Transfer melted chocolate to separate zip lock bags.


I poured the white chocolate in almost to the top and then squeezed some milk chocolate on top. I then took a tooth pick and swirled the chocolates together. Since my molding sheet was clear, I could hold it upside down and see where more swirling needed to be done.

I put the molding sheet in the fridge until the chocolates hardened (about 20 min.) and then popped them out. Tah Dah!


Frost the cupcakes - I was going for a baby blue here.. I need to work on my icing coloring skills.


And then top with the sea shells :)

No comments:

Post a Comment