Sunday, February 27, 2011

Balsamic Blue Cheese Chicken

So I feel like I have cheese love affairs sometimes. There are just certain cheeses I can't get enough of for a few months at a time and then once I've had my full, I'll move on to the next. Right now I'm in a Blue Cheese love affair. I've been eating it on salads, on toast with apple slices, etc. I think my low point came when we went to Taco Bell and I covered my taco salad with Blue Cheese.. I found out then that Blue Cheese doesn't belong on everything I eat...
Anyways, Jake is not a fan of this cheese and last week I wanted to make a healthy chicken dinner. I made an easy chicken parm for Jake and I made myself a balsamic chicken dish.

Recipe:
1 chicken breast
1 bag 1/3 full with balsamic vinegar
2 slices Blue Cheese
Olive oil
Rosemary
Parsley
Basil

Let chicken marinate in bag with balsamic vinegar for 2 hours. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle herbs on both sides of chicken and cook in pan until cooked through (about 5 minutes per side). Top with Blue Cheese.

I put my chicken on a bed of spinach, croutons, pecans and balsamic dressing. This was easy to make and definitely satisfied my Blue Cheese craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment